Call the studio to check on availability.
There are several levels of lessons offered:
- BASIC KNOWLEDGE SET: These are composed of 3 two hour lessons at the studio. Beginners may use the studio's tools to start with. Each set of lessons is $120 plus supplies such as the tree or trees used and pot or pots.
- INTRODUCTION TO BONSAI INTENSIVE COURSE: This very complete introduction course is offered each year in 10 segments. Depending on the class, it is often condensed into 5 double sessions. The Course is $250 plus materials. Beginners may use the studio's tools to start with.
- INTERMEDIATE BONSAI COURSE: This course is for those who have the skills of the introduction courses either by taking the classes or developing them from other sources. It concentrates on design, advanced techniques and learning about the many styles of bonsai in details. It is taught in two ten week sessions. Each session is $250 plus materials. Many students work on improving the design of bonsai already in their collection.
- ADVANCED STUDY GROUPS: The studio brings in guest experts that work with us in multiple year blocks to increase our skills on varying topics. We usually meet twice a year for weekend blocks.
- PRIVATE STUDY WITH PAULINE MUTH OR DAVID HODGETTS: Contact the studio if you wish to work on your bonsai with our assistance.
For those who already know the basics, the studio offers a wide variety of workshops that are posted on the Events Calendar on this site. If you are unable to make a particular workshop and wish to have a leson on the topic listed, contact the studio for a private lesson.